UPDATE: The PA position has been filled at this time, thank you for your submissions!
Since my initial book launched June 1st of this year I’ve been blessed with many new connections in the indie author community and an ever-expanding reader base. My growing book schedule as well as my outreach and engagement efforts are hitting a point where I definitely need a capable, experienced, and dedicated PA to share my vision and help me continue plodding forward. I need someone who can help manage all the administrative tasks so I have the time necessary to continue tackling my book and event schedule while also keeping time free to handle my client work during the day as a freelance writer/marketer.
With that said, I’m looking for the right PA/VA who will click with me and be able to kick ass & take names. Someone who understands my brand, has the same drive and spirit to help others, and is able and willing to grow with me. I have high expectations but I’m easy going. The right PA is going to hit the ground running and make every effort to help me reach goals while at the same time delighting readers and working with me to help other authors grow as well.
Is that you?
Review the duties and requirements below and follow the instructions to let me know why you think you’re the best fit.
About Me (from my author bio):
Derek is a retired Emergency Medical Professional and has been a lover of telling stories his entire life, having made the transition from “filthy liar” to “sexy author” about the same time silver hairs started showing up in his face (and other places.)
In the early days, he attempted to write science fiction and high fantasy, but discovered it was more fun to write about people touching other people’s tingle-places (smut is cool.) while mixing in action, explosions, and plenty of WTF moments.
He’s also a gamer, gym rat, snow hater (despite living in Michigan), life liver, stunt double for Hulk, and he considers himself to be aggressively unfancy.
What I’m not looking for:
I am not looking for a PA for group pimping or link dropping/link spamming and do not want links promoted into countless groups on a daily or weekly basis.
What I’m looking for (Duties & Expectations):
- Organic development of reader following to official reader group and Facebook page
- Handle Beta and ARC signups for readers
- Manage ARC distribution
- Follow up on reviews from ARC distribution
- Maintain/clean Beta & ARC reader list
- Handle blogger signups for releases and cover reveals
- Provide ARC distribution
- Follow up on reviews and release/reveal posts
Facebook Page/Social Accounts:
- Help provide relevant and supporting content scheduled for posting to various social accounts
- Respond to reader comments and posts (as PA, not as Author)
Official Reader Group:
- Help provide relevant and supporting content to post in the group
- Group moderation and administration including new member approval
- Engage readers regularly, post new content to promote engagement
- Welcome new members on a regular basis including introductory posts
- Promote reader group organically (not group link spamming) and encourage new memberships to help find new readers
- Assist in sourcing content for weekly live videos including other author books to read, topics to discuss, source reader questions for “ask me anything” sessions, authors to interview and co-broadcast with on a dual live feed, etc.
- Develop and maintain the takeover schedule for the reader group, working to maintain regular takeovers of other authors in an effort to help other authors expand their audience
- Assist in moderation of the Indie Author Marketing Support group including new member approval
Author Stuff, Outreach, and Branding:
- Manage my takeover schedule
- Find author groups for me to do live takeovers (target 30 minute takeovers)
- Help with outreach to bring new readers toward R&E Frat
- Promote books and relevant updates through frequent engagement in attendee groups for upcoming booked author signings
- Work with me to plan regular giveaways for followers/readers, including promotions to garner support and donations for charities
- Follow up on giveaways and manage distribution of prizes to winners
- Coordinate with other R&E frat members and their PAs to support cross promotion
- Assist with sourcing content and information to include in the monthly newsletter for readers including relevant articles, cool industry stuff, ideas and tips for readers and authors alike, and authors to feature in each newsletter
- Locate and work with other authors and industry professionals to set up interviews (I interview them) for inclusion in my blog and monthly newsletter
- Locate and setup interviews for me (bloggers/news/media interview me on their blog, podcast, etc.)
- Promotion of author swag to readers including apparel for sale on the site as well as signed paperbacks for sale on site.
- Promotion of author newsletter to encourage signups.
- Present during scheduled live feeds to provide link drops and reader engagement support
- Willing to be present during takeovers as needed including handling a scheduled takeover if I cannot be present (post in my place)
- General website updates
- Crack the whip and keep me writing
- Assist with planning launch campaigns and managing release day events.
- Other duties as needed/requested
Items below with an * signify a requirement, otherwise they are simply preferred
- Must be based in the U.S.*
- Experience managing, formatting, and creating Google Docs including Word docs, forms and sheets
- Experience with email marketing platforms like Mail Chimp
- Experience with WordPress
- Able to track and maintain all scheduled events in Google Calendar*
- Prior social group/social account management (provide links if possible)
- Prior experience as a PA/VA*
- Weekly meetings (video, phone, or skype) to discuss projects and tasks*
- Utilize Asana project system for task tracking and project updates*
- Must sign a Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality agreement*
- Open to travel for author signing events
- Must be willing to adhere to social engagement guidelines as a contract representative of my brand*
Please send interest letter along with prior experience (resume, CV, client/reference list) via email to Hello (at) authorderekadam (dot) com. Include links to social accounts and group pages you’ve helped manage, previous/current clients (authors) as references, and any other information you feel I should know when considering you for the position.
Please include your expected rate for services with consideration to the above needs/requirements. Submissions without rates and prior experience details will be ignored.
Email submissions only. Do not send inquiries or request information via social media, direct message, text or phone.